Diana Vreeland was and continues to be the arbiter of style, even after her death 20+ years ago. Do yourself a favor and read “D.V..”, her autobiography/manual of style/name drop-a-thon. It will seriously change your life. You will start to look at style as something you own, now something you follow and conform to. She will teach you that the sexiest most attractive thing one can have and wear is confidence. Ladies and gentlemen, Diana Vreeland. Style Icon.
NAME: Diane Dalziel Vreeland
BIRTH DATE: March 01, 1924
DEATH DATE: August 22, 1989
PLACE OF BIRTH: Paris, France
BEST KNOWN FOR: As a fashion journaist, Diana Vreeland was an influential figure in American fashion during the 20th century.
Diana Vreeland (July 29, 1903, Paris, France – August 22, 1989, New York City) was a noted columnist and editor in the field of fashion. She worked for the fashion magazines Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue and the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
People who eat white bread have no dreams.
Blue jeans are the most beautiful things since the gondola.
Elegance is innate. It has nothing to do with being well dressed. Elegance is refusal.
I always wear my sweater back-to-front; it is so much more flattering.
I loathe narcissism, but I approve of vanity.
Pink is the navy blue of India.
- Diana Vreeland: A 20th Century Original (rubylane.com)
- Happy 140th Birthday, Bazaar! (fabsugar.com)
- What do I think about the way most people dress? Most people are not something one thinks about. Diana Vreeland (benbenw10.wordpress.com)
- teach me. (thelingernots.wordpress.com)
- Vintage Archives.warhol 1989. (theluxeobsessions.wordpress.com)