I think that Dino was looking for sunshine yesterday and found it by standing in the window. Neighbors walking by took photos of him, standing still, enjoying the warmth.
Two photos immediately came to mind after reading this week’s challenge.
The first was of Dino and Paco on the deck at the lake cabin enjoying a popsicle on a hot summer day. They had been running around like maniacs and when I showed them the cold popsicle, the tore into it.
The second is a photo of the Sunset Beach Grocery, a little store on the way out to the cabin.
My Summer Requirements
I want sunshine that squints my eyes and pinks my neck,
Rickety tilt-a-whirls and snow cones that turn my lips and tongue blue.
I want impromptu late-night bike rides,
Skinny dipping, bonfires, and outdoor movies.
I want new and creative ways to “beat the heat.”
Grocery stores, movie theaters, and park fountains.
I want pranks and laughter, love and kissing,
Hand holding, but mostly, I want you.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer (robertjhorton.wordpress.com)
- Unoffical Weekly photo challenge: Summer (mtlawleyshire.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer (waldina.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer (ahecticlife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer (taochildseyes.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer (lifewithcal.wordpress.com)