Today’s Daily Prompt is:
“Have you ever had a mentor? What was the greatest lesson you learned from him or her?”
This will be short.
I have never had a mentor. I am sure it is due to a combination of reasons. For years, I was a misunderstood loner that would not have been welcoming to anyone taking me under their wing. That and I have never met anyone that has “been trough it” and was welcoming to me.
It is what it is.
I am sure that is why I created my own virtual mentors by reading autobiographies, biographies, novels, etc. I have a group of people that have become very important to me through reading their collections of letters and other writings. I have learned through them and the years of reading those writings helped me change my life into what it is today.
I owe a huge thank you to people that are dead and never even knew me. I would like to thank F. Scott Fitzgerald, Zelda Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Gerald and Sara Murphy, Gertrude Stein, Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, Toni Morrison, Douglas Coupland, and Ramon Novarro.
I have added some others under “Related Articles” that were better at this exercise than me.
- Gerald And Sara Murphy – Style Icons (waldina.com)
- Daily Prompt: Mentor Me | The Daily Post.
- Daily Prompt: Mentor Me (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Mentor Me – Vinay Sir (myvividvisions.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Mentor Me (talkerhuge.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: My Mentors In Life (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Ramón Novarro – Style Icon (waldina.com)
- Daily Prompt: Mentor Me (youngemtblog.wordpress.com)