Today’s Daily Writing Prompt is:
“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – the White Queen, Alice in Wonderland.
What are the six impossible things you believe in? (If you can only manage one or two, that’s also okay.)
I Believe in Nothing.
There are no gods and goddesses in the sky watching over us. Karma is not a good deed savings account. Nothing EVER happens for a reason. Horoscopes. Fortune cookies. Dreams. Superstitions. All devices created by people that need answers for the unanswerable. I do not believe in impossible things because it is hard enough believing in possible things. I do not believe that people are fundamentally good and that they can change, I believe that water flows downhill and people are about as lazy when left to their own choices.
So this is how it is: the innocent suffer, the guilty go free, and truth and fiction are pretty much interchangeable. There is neither a Santa Claus nor an Easter Bunny, and there are no angels watching over us. Things just happen for no reason. And nothing makes any sense.
- Daily Prompt – Impossible (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | The Daily Post.
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | The Daily Post (waldina.com)
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility (littlewordworm.wordpress.com)
- Inconceivable! (grandmalin.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Nothing Is Impossible, If You Ask Me (creativemysteries.net)
- Impossible? No. Improbable? Maybe. (sortaginger.com)
- All Things Are Possible … Especially #6 (charmingsouth.wordpress.com)