The Prompt is:
National Poetry Writing Month is nearly at at end. To celebrate it, try your hand at some verse.
I dug through the archives and found a poem about early mornings in the city and a Haiku about kissing a littler person.
It Is Only Our Morning
The sun lights the sky and the glass on the tall buildings before it lights the air where we walk. We walked to under a canopy of warm refractory light in the darkness this morning.
We claim a bit more ownership of the city at this hour. Sharing it only with delivery trucks, school kids, and the barristas that make our coffee. The empty sidewalks and streets, the dark shop windows, the last of the summer blooms are all ours. We share them with each other and witness the city waking up together.
Black Out Make Out
Can’t blame the vodka
She was standing on a chair
We’re all fabulous
Read Poems Better Than Mine Here:
- Ilya Fostiy. Imprint | Markovich Arts
- Mess | Musings from a practical mystic
- Lulu Leroy | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Unleash Your Inner Dickinson | JUkk
- Across the Time | Just James
- Yet-to-be…. Yesterday | Tommia’s Tablet
- Erasure Poetry | Conversations
- Daily Prompt ~ Summer’s Day | Misifusa’s Blog
- A Series of Unfortunate Rhymes | Stuphblog
- Without A Key | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Unleash Your Inner Dickinson | On My Front Porch
- Daily prompt: unleash your inner Dickinson | Taking time, making time
- Wake Me When It’s Over | Mind of a Mouse
- Summer longings | 365 wings of hope
- Dickinson – Nay | Hope* the happy hugger
- A Stroll Around Your Mind « Experimental Fiction
- Limerick and verse, not. | thoughtsofrkh
- Dressing Room Drama | play-grand
- Daily Prompt: Tribute to National Poetry Month | My Daily Prompt Blog
- She sets my brother in the fire! | Daily Prompt: Unleash Your Inner Dickinson | likereadingontrains
- Blackbird… Daily Prompt: Unleash Your Inner Dickinson. | EW Brown
- a cry unleashed | thematticuskingdom
- Daily Prompt: Unleash Your Inner Dickinson | The Daily Post.