If you Google “Earth Day Quiz” the first result is a quiz to find out what animal you are. I was a giant squid because I can achieve anything to which you put your mind and/or my massive tentacles.
Now, watch the 1972 animated TV special of Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax:
Here’s some facts:
The Earth is getting dirtier, more crowded, and yes, warmer. Everyone knows it. There are some climate-deniers out there, but they are uneducated religious crackpots that you can pay no attention to. Here’s the deal. What is the downside to turning off a light? What is the harm to finding cleaner sustainable energy sources? It is only the guy that sells coal that is trying to find facts that make wind powered turbines pointless. I am sure that the guy that sold horse shoes felt the same way about cars. It is everyone’s job to steward our home, to leave it as, if not better than, we found it.
What You Can Do:
- Switch all your paper mailed bills to electronic bills. Switch your paper mailed pay stub to electronic. Switch everything you get in the mail to the electronic option when available.
- Stop buying and drinking single use bottled water. Get yourself a refillable bottle.
- Make your yard attractive to birds, squirrels, butterflies, and and bees.
- Make environmental issues one of the deciding factors when choosing your elected officials.
- Chang out your lightbulbs to energy efficient ones.
- Go on a hike.
- Eat a plant-based diet as often as you feel comfortable.